Thursday, October 16, 2008

David deSilva to give ATS Fall Lecture


Every fall at my alma mater, Ashland Theological Seminary, the Fall Lecture Series takes place. The New Testament department gets its turn every third year or so, and this year marks their turn.


What makes this year unique is that Ashland has asked one of its own, David deSilva, Trustees' Distinguished Professor of New Testament and Greek at ATS. David will be lecturing three sessions, with the overall title "The Heart of the New Testament Message: Towards a Biblical Theology." These sessions will take place Monday, Oct. 20th and Tuesday, Oct 21st, culminating with a luncheon.


Sadly, I will not be able to attend. David is a mentor and a friend, helping me at so many different levels during my time at Ashland. He is just as good of a man as he is a scholar, and that is saying quite a bit since I consider him one of the premier NT scholars going today, and the biggest reason I attended Ashland in the first place.

No comments: