Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Dropping the Ball

Well, folks one of the challenges that I decided to undertake has been on the backburner for some time now. That is memorizing Philippians. Despite my attempts, things have a way of piling up on you in a hurry. I have numerous book reviews (too many to name!), a beginning guitar class that I'm taking, editorial responsibilities for a forthcoming monograph, possibly getting some of my own research together to submit to a journal, a full-time job, plus trying to be the best husband I can be. I AM NOT COMPLAINING (...just wanted to make that clear...)!

I hope to continue with the Philippians project in the near future. There is no way I'm raising the white flag on this personal quest to become intimate with this fascinating text. It has benefitted in more ways than I can express. In the meantime, I will just review what I have worked on so far and take it from there.

Thanks for giving me this platform to express my frustration/resignation at this start and stop process. I truly live a blessed and full life and I never want to take my readers/friends for granted.

Charis kai eirene,

Matthew

1 comment:

Jason Gardner said...

Matthew,

I remember when you first undertook this task. I was interested in following your progress. I recently began reading through the Hebrew Bible (not memorizing, though!) and have experienced your dilemma--the inevitable avalanche of responsibilities! Anyway, I look forward to reading your thoughts when you resume.

Αυτω η δοξα,

Jason

http://eisdoxan.wordpress.com