Monday, January 2, 2012

Blogging My Way Back to Relevancy

Okay, I admit it. My blog, and hence my online voice had become irrelevant. I have known this for quite some time, but I have always had a sort of love-hate relationship with blogging. I go through longer stretches than I would like to admit where I believe I just don't have anything interesting to write. On the other hand, I find myself frustrated with others, whose blogs I enjoy, when they do the same. So what to do about it?

This is not a New Year's Resolution. This is not a start fast and slowly fizzle operation. This is not an empty promise proclamation to blog constantly, or regularly, or semi-regularly. This is a promise to do better than I have in the past. Which means treating this as a discipline rather than an option. Writing is not an option! I find that my reading, thinking, and writing are the things that make me feel most useful, and that I should as a matter of discipline do much more of it!

I am thankful to those of you who have not given up on this blog, and by extension, me. Some of you are kind enough to remark to me, 'Where have you been?'; 'You sure haven't posted in awhile.' It is you, who keep checking in, even as a friend recently remarked, 'Your blog is collecting cobwebs!', that motivate to do better. So, at the end of this post, I simply want to say 'Thanks' and it is my hope to make New Testament Perspectives a good conversation partner in 2012.

No comments: