Friday, March 5, 2010

Moving, Moving, Moving...

My wife and I have been in the process of moving for the past month. We have our final move this weekend.

I have learned a couple things during this experience. One, there is no good way to move. It doesn't matter if  you have one day, one week, one month, etc.

Two, I have discovered how many books I am fortunate enough to own. I didn't attempt a tally, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was north of 500.  I know that is a modest number for some, but I never thought I'd be surrounded by so many friends, mentors, and sparring partners that I could turn to time and again.

3 comments:

Bryan L said...

Having to move all my books (which is probably around the same amount you own) multiple times in the last few years is what pushed me into finally deciding to get an ereader and start investing in digital books instead of physical books. After a while it gets old moving those books. : )

Brian Small said...

Only 500 books? You're just a amateur... :-)

Allan R. Bevere said...

Matt, when I moved two and a half years ago I counted approximately 3000 volumes in my personal library.

I love books, but they are a real pain when having to pack them in boxes.