Thursday, March 13, 2014

More Leon Morris Audio Lectures

Leon Morris (1914-2006)
As a visitor to this site might plainly see, a pattern is developing here. Posts this week have focused on the great scholar and theologian, Leon Lamb Morris. I make no apologies for this, as I believe it is my small way in honoring Morris' legacy. It is important for us as students and scholars of the NT to recognize the giants on whose shoulders we are privileged to stand, and Leon Morris is certainly one of those giants.

 I have made it my goal this week to provide visitors of this site some resources that will enable us to appreciate Morris' contributions to NT studies and one of the best ways to do this is to provide some audio links to lectures that he gave in the past. I have found this to be one of the best ways to understand a scholars work and thought processes. Not to mention to actually hear the voice of Morris adds a human dimension to the whole process of learning as one is able to put a voice with the face, as well as catch glimpses of his personality as one can hear his quips, stories, and dry sense of humor.

So, without further ado, I have been able to locate more audio resources on Morris, this time courtesy of The Gospel Coalition (TGC). The lectures can be found here, and appear to be topical in approach. The second page seems to be duplicates of those lectures on the Gospel of John that I posted about here. Along with yesterday's post, this should put the total lectures compiled at over twenty.

Enjoy!



1 comment:

Mark D said...

Thanks for this. Leon Morris is my favorite commentator. I was not aware that audio files of his teaching were available.