Friday, April 16, 2010

Unsolicited Comments

Lately I have been noticing a disturbing trend on this blog concerning either inappropriate comments (sexual solicitations) and the latest, somebody trying to sell me a home in West Palm Beach. These comments are akin to the spam one gets in their email inbox.

Is there any means of ridding my blog of these? I monitor every comment that comes to this blog before I decide to publish it or not. I'm growing tired of this and would appreciate any feedback.

1 comment:

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

Hi, Matthew all the best with the PhD aspirations.

My PhD (Wales, Theology/Philosophy of Religion) finale pass should be in the mail any day.

I do not mind legitimate bloggers promoting themselves on my blogs, as in ones interested in potentially linking. Except for the rare blogger, it is difficult to generate blog interest and promotion is important.

A reason for Blogger Next Blog.

With spammers I reject their comments. If the material is not offensive I then take the comments that are usually in my archives, remove any links within and publish them in a newer post in comments with a warning in reply. This way comment numbers stay up and I show the spammers that they will not be able to promote their links on my blogs. I leave them with a published useless little write-up that they have produced that does not help their cause and often only makes them look goofy.

Thx.

Russ (via Blogger Next Blog)

thekingpin68

satire and theology