Longenecker is working on a Romans commentary in the NIGTC series (Eerdmans) so this volume may serve as a foretaste to the commentary.
Introducing Romans: Critical Concerns in Paul’s Most Famous Letter
Here, Richard N. Longenecker takes a comprehensive look at the complex backdrop of Paul’s letter and carefully unpacks a number of critical issues, including: Authorship, integrity, occasion, date, addressees, and purpose
- Important recent interpretive approaches
- Greco-Roman oral, rhetorical, and epistolary conventions
- Jewish and Jewish Christian thematic and rhetorical features
- The establishing of the letter’s Greek text
- The letter’s main focus, structure, and argument