Saturday, November 15, 2008

It's that time of the year again!

Well, here we are--one week away from the annual SBL conference. Honestly, this is probably the only time I have failed to make much preparation ahead of time. This year marks my fourth conference, and I almost feel like this is becoming old hat. Maybe it is my way of coping with overblown expectations, avoiding the big letdown. Maybe it is also due to the fact that it is in Boston this year. I don't have anything against the town per se, but I am no fan of their sports teams(i.e. the Patriots, Red Sox, and the Celtics). Maybe I am just bitter being a Cleveland fan. It is almost a rite of passage for us to fall short against the above-mentioned teams.

Oh well, enough of this bizarre rant. I have an SBL book wish list to make out, travel plans to hash out, and deciding what warm clothes I want to take with me. On the bright side, I'm looking forward to seeing some of my fellow bibliobloggers, running into Mike Bird as he once again receives free books for his birthday, see Scot McKnight grab ungodly amounts of books (I know, bad use of the adjective there!), decide which one of Ben Witherington's 75 latest releases to buy, and try to make a 6:00 am flight back Tuesday morning to cold, possibly snowy, Ohio.

No comments: